Forrest is a leading contractor working in the public and private sectors across the UK.
The Company’s core service offering of Construction (major projects) and Integrated Services (refurbishment, new build housing, energy services and responsive maintenance) is based on a series of long-term framework and partnership contracts.
Delivering reliable, customer focused works programmes, Forrest is helping clients make lasting improvements to their communities via works tied in with community investment and localised training programmes.
The health and safety of our people, customers and members of the general public is at the top of our agenda and our sites are amongst the safest in the industry; fronted by our SAFER (Safety At Forrest Everyone’s Responsibility) Campaign. Our robust health and safety systems are supported by a comprehensive training and support programme for all employees at all levels within the Company.
Our approach to Health and Safety has won us RoSPA ‘Gold Medal’ for nine consecutive Gold Awards. Our comprehensive Health and Safety Policy is implemented in all premises owned or controlled by the Company and in any place of work where Forrest is employed.
In pursuance of this Policy the Company will take action to:
- Comply with applicable statutory and stakeholder requirements.
- Provide adequate control of the Health and Safety risks arising from our work activities.
- Consult with our employees on matters affecting their Health and Safety.
- Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment.
- Provide training information, instruction and supervision for employees
- Ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks and to give them adequate training.
- Prevent accidents, injury and cases of work related ill health; maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
- Periodically review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
- Continual improvement in occupational health & safety management and performance
The COO has ultimate responsibility for Occupational Health & Safety within the Company, of which the day to day management is delegated the senior management staff.
Date of last review: Sept 2017
Date of next review: Sept 2018