What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- attachments you may wish to add, such as your CV
- any other information you choose to add into the message/email
How do we collect personal information about you
We collect information from you, and about you, in the following ways;
- from what you submit when applying for a vacancy
- from emails you may send to one of our contacts
What we do with the information we gather
Forrest requires this information in order to respond to any queries you may have, or to consider you for any job roles you may wish to apply for. This data is not shared with any third parties.
How long do we keep your personal information?
As standard we will keep any CVs submitted for a period of 1 year, unless you request otherwise. Other information that you submit via email will be stored for as long as it is need for action your query. Should it be kept for any further processing we will write you and confirm what our intentions are and where required gain the appropriate consents.
Forrest is committed to ensuring that your information is secure, and we are aware that this is important to everybody. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, and by other means.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
As a data subject there are several rights that you have over your data:
- The right to withdraw consent; where you have previously given consent you are free to withdraw it. Details of this process can be found within the consent form you have signed and, on our website, (forrest.co.uk).
- The right to be informed: we will always inform you or request consent to process your data where required.
- The right of access; by law, you can ask us what information we hold about you at any point by completing a data subject access request. This form is available on our website (forrest.co.uk) or can be requested by emailing DPO@Forrest.co.uk
- The right to rectification: you can ask us to correct any data that is inaccurate.
- The right to erasure: if you believe we no longer need to process your data for it intended purpose, or that we are not using your information in a lawful manner you can also ask for it to be erased. In some circumstances you can also ask for data to be deleted when consent is withdrawn.
- The right to restrict processing: you can also ask us to stop using your information for certain processes
- The right to data portability: in some instances, you may wish to request Forrest transfer your data over to another provider
- The right to object: in some instance you may wish to object to Forrest processing your data
You can request to exercise one of the above rights by contacting DPO@Forrest.co.uk.
More detailed information on your rights are available within our data protection policy which you can view here