What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys, the provision of requested services, and/or offers
How do we collect personal information about you
We collect information from you, and about you, in three ways;
- directly from you. We may ask you for details which may include personal information about you and your home. Such information may be collected via our web site, or when you contact us by telephone or in writing. We may keep a record of all such correspondence and communications, and we may record telephone conversations for accurate records and training purposes.
- from third parties. We may ask for information about you from third parties. For example when we undertake property searches with the Land Registry, and make enquiries with mortgage providers. These examples are not exhaustive.
- from what you do on our website. This may include traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access and any cookies required to provide the services on our website.
What we do with the information we gather
Forrest requires this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Such information about you may be shared with Forrest’s subsidiary companies, connected companies, and in certain instances regulatory entities.
We may use the information to improve our products and services. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
How long do we keep your personal information?
How long we keep your information that we collect through our website, and by other means, depends on the reason you provided it, or it was collected. In particular;
- we will keep your personal information required for us to provide you with a service requested, or purchased through this website, for as long as it takes us to provide that service.
- we will keep records of any transactions you enter into with us, either electronically or by other methods, for an indefinite period of time. This is so that we can respond to any complaints or disputes that may arise.
- we will keep other information about you if it is necessary for us to comply with the law.
Forrest is committed to ensuring that your information is secure, and we are aware that this is important to everybody. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, and by other means.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following way. Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes; if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to;
Herbert T Forrest Ltd
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.