The project consisted of internal and external refurbishment work to four occupied high rise tower blocks, each fifteen storeys. Forrest supplied and installed a new centralised heating/hot water system to replace the existing gas fired system located in each flat.
Other works included: Structherm high performance external render system and cladding, replacement windows and doors, roofing works, balcony repairs and internal works including decoration, replacement kitchens & bathrooms and electrical works.
The District Heating System is designed primarily to relieve fuel poverty and reduce energy consumption. It contains a highly efficient cascade of gas boilers complimented with solar thermal panels.
The principal system components consisted of:
- A cascade of gas fired condensing boilers
- A thermal store for the heating system
- Variable speed circulating pumps
- Heating interface units
- Solar Thermal Panels
- A thermal store for heat generated by the solar panels
- A heat recovery ventilation unit
- A Building Management System which monitors of the heating system 24hrs a day