Forrest completed the full internal and external remodelling and refurbishment of Ash House located on Lancaster University’s central campus to BREEAM ‘Very Good’ standard.
The four-storey building will provide a new IT suite and an Islamic Centre (Floor A) and student accommodation (Floors B – D).
The student accommodation provides 17nr high specification self-contained flats, each with 6 bedrooms, communal kitchen & dining, bathroom and living area.
The works consisted of:
- Full strip out and removal of all existing fixtures and fittings
- Asbestos removal
- New flat roof coverings
- Demolition works and creation of new solid partitions for plant room
- New windows and curtain walling
- Internal and external doors
- Installation of kitchens and bathrooms
- Internal plastering, suspended ceilings, flooring and decorations
- Full M&E package including fire system, electrical rewire, heating system and construction of new plant room
- AV install of IT suite
- Re-rendering including structural and concrete repairs, and cavity wall ties
- Install of fixed and loose furniture and fittings
The project was completed within a very tight timescale which was essential due to the occupation of the building.